Quick Backpack Check for Yourself or Your Child | Akridge & Akridge Chiropractic
It’s back to school!
Be sure to do a quick backpack check for yourself or your child to make sure they don’t get injured by carrying heavy weight on their backs.
– Purchase a backpack that is the correct size & has compartments to help distribute the weight evenly.
– Packs with padded shoulder straps are a good choice as well.
– Use both straps of the backpack.
– Check to make sure they are adjusted so that there are no gaps between the straps and body.
– If carrying multiple heavy books, opt to carry one or two in your arms to help redistribute the weight.